Why do so many educated people mis-pronounce the word "nuclear"? I'm not sure why, but it drives me crazy! So many times in tv shows or movies you hear the actors say nuke-yu-ler and that is not how it is supposed to be pronounced! Even Pres. Bush does it! I mean really people! The word is nuke-lee-ar! I know I'm crazy, but we just went to a movie and a couple of the actors mis-pronounced it and it just got me to thinking...
Anyway... I am in a never ending cycle of messy/clean house. Our house is either really clean or really messy. This is how it goes: after I clean the house really well I get into a crazy-clean mode. I make sure to pick up after myself (& my lovely, extremely messy husband) constantly. But eventually I get sick of picking up after James (and, to be fair, myself) all the time and give up. Within two days the house is disastrously messy (when you have a small house it can happen quickly) and I just let it be messy for a couple days, maybe even a week and it gets progressively messier. Then I start getting frustrated at having such a messy house and it takes me a half a day to clean everything up again and the cycle continues. Why can't I just find a happy medium?
And one more: my food storage idea! (just a little one) When preparing emergency supplies, you're supposed to get things that you like and eat regularly so you won't hate the food you have come an emergency. Well, that's a little hard for us considering that we live off of cereal, hot pockets, and eating out. But I thought of a good snacky/lunch food that is yummy and nutritious and so easy... peanut butter & jelly sandwiches on graham crackers. Graham crackers are made with whole grains and the peanut butter is a great source of protein. I'm not saying you could live off of just those by any means, but mmm mmm....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I totally understand where you are coming from with cleaning. I swear that I have to vacuum our carpet everyday because Rachel manages to spill something on it all the time! And then I always have to pick up after Hyrum. The worse is when he doesn't put things back where they should go but where he thinks it should go. Grr... boys and kids! What are you going to do with them? Oh and I just wanted to let you know that food storage idea was a good one. Graham crackers are so yummy. It is a life saver in our house. Hyrum likes to smash them up and pour milk on them- like a graham cracker cereal. It is actually pretty good surprisingly. Anyway, love your blog!
TOTALLY DITTO to 1 & 2!!! Another HUGE peeve of mine is when people mispronounce 'jewelry' and say jew-la-ree. We're not talking about the Holocaust people! :) And the clean/messy cycle? I think everyone gets like that to an extent. But my little abode takes the cake! Spend one day with Lincoln, and you'll agree! Graham crackers are a life saver in our house too. You couldn't do it in a long term emergency though(the jam), because it needs to be refrigerated. But great idea!
I must say also that some of things drive me nuts too. Lovely things that they are. I'm sure a lot of it stems from either laziness or ignorance. Maybe you should be a teacher.
Post a Comment