I got a puppy! James and I love to go to Julian on Sunday afternoons. Sometimes we find a trail and take a nice nature stroll and sometimes we go into town and do some people watching (there are some rather interesting people to watch in Julian). Well, this time was a people watching day, and while we were strolling down the street we saw a lady on the corner selling puppies for 20 bucks! I've been wanting to get a dog for about 2 years now and although it was Sunday, I really couldn't pass this up (dogs at the pet store are like $1500!). Anyway, she's a Chow-Chow/St. Bernard mix and just so stinkin' adorable.




As cute as she is, I know I'm in for some hard work getting her trained. She woke me up every two hours last night! I went to the store today and got her some potty pads and a crate and a book about how to housetrain your dog. I'm going to try and keep her up until I go to bed tonight in hopes that she'll sleep a little longer between wake ups... I mean, you all know how I treasure my beauty sleep. I guess it's good training for having babies:)
p.s. after much deliberation, I think we've settled on a name: Moose
6 comments:
Soooooo cute. I had a chow growing up and I loved her! And I love the name!
i've been waiting for the day Mike says yes to a puppy... I've been waiting for a almost 5 years now. Maybe next year???? You definitely have some work ahead of you - they're just like babies - good training for sure!
So how did your new best friend sleep last night? Hopefully better than the first night! Can't wait to meet Moose:)
He is really cute! I love his name! It sounds like a name James would come up with...am I right?! :)
cute!! how fun!
How cute, I am jealous...kind of. I too treasure my beauty sleep so I hope that Moose is good and sleeps for you. :)
Post a Comment