I just signed up for the Camp Pendleton Devil Dog Duathlon. I love races. And quite possibly I am addicted to them, but this is not the same type of race that I am accustomed to. I will have to run (5k), and then ride(30k!), and then run(5k) again. Doesn't sound too hard... but remember that this is part of the "Hard Corps Race Series" at camp pendleton, and then remember that it's called "Devil Dog." Holy smokes I'm scared. Luckily I have my crazy bike-riding brother Matt to do it with me, or I mean, sortof with me (he'll likely be WAY ahead of me).

Anyone else want to? C'mon, it'll be fun! (or at least that's what I keep telling myself!)

6 comments:
Yes my dear sister, you ARE crazy. Good luck!
UM, ya. Addicted. Better races than drugs though! After that hard core 10k I can't believe you're back for more... don't worry, Matt will stay with you - maybe. I'm waiting everyday for my text or call from Christy...
Yep, you're crazy...it's official! :) Good for you though, and good luck training!
Yep, I think the boat deal is sealed. Tyler wrote the down payment check today, and our loan was approved. Lake Mead, Lake Powell...here we come!!
If I wasnt 32 weeks along, Id SOOO do it with you! Have fun girl...you will be awesome.
Maybe if I had a bike I would train to do this with ya. Next year I'll do it - THERE! You have a commitment from me for next year. AHHH!!!!
That does sound hard! I ran the heartbreak ridge half there in 2007 and that was a killer. I am doing the mud run in June there plus a half marathon in Laguna Hills in May! I think I might be crazy too. I don't feel ready for those races. I think I am also a little addicted to races. I love the rush I get. Hey, you should do the half with me in May. What do you say?
Post a Comment