Sunday, June 29, 2008

Trekkin' Along!

Our church youth group went on a pioneer trek this past weekend (a three day re-enactment of the pioneers trek west). The kids were all divided up into families and James and I were lucky enough to get to be "Ma and Pa" for one of the families (our kids were awesome!).

This was a HUGE event. Most everyone who went wore pioneer attire--(I made my own!)--to create a more realistic feeling. We packed our stuff up in a handcart and pulled it through the San Bernadino mountains and let me say that it was not easy! The last day was the hardest with a lot of STEEP hills and really made me think about all of the people who trekked across the west, LDS groups and others, and how hard it must have been for them. It's simply amazing.





These are all of my "daughters":)


My "sons" along with "Pa" and "Grandpa"


The whole family


Keep on trekkin!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I remember doing a pioneer trek. It was the best experience. So hard, but so great!

brooke said...

That was seriously one of my most memorable Stake YW/YM activities. I will never forget it, and I'm sure they never will either! What a cute Ma and Pa you guys made!

The Andrews said...

Wow way to be a trekker! I did trek once and ever since then I have always wanted to be a ma! What fun I bet you were the best mas and pas around!

*katie said...

So fun! I wish I had been in a position to go and be a Ma! It sounds like it was an amazing experience from everyone I've heard talk about it. :)

karlie said...

OOOHHH you are so lucky you got to go. They asked Brett and I to be a ma and pa but I couldn't get time off of work. Looks like it was a blast and you look so cute! =)

 
Copyright 2009 LaLa Land