This past weekend I drove up to Utah for a training conference for my Shade Clothing business. The plan was for me to drive up on Thursday, go to the conference and see some friends on Friday, and then drive home on Saturday. Those plans, however, were slightly interrupted. To make a long story short, I had some car problems which delayed me a couple hours (I had to hitch a ride with my mom who was driving up to St. George on the same day), then some snow problems that delayed me by about... mmm... 9 hours (I had to stay the night in Beaver... luckily my parents are friends with some awesome people--Jay and Nedra Bunker--who let me stay with them). The snow was still pretty bad in the morning, here's what my drive from Beaver to Provo looked like:


I drove to St. George to give my mom her car back and James (being the best-est husband that he is) drove up to pick me up. I was really happy about that because he got a chance to meet my Grandpa & Grandma Speirs and visit with my Grandma & Grandpa Stanton.



So we finally got home last night around midnight and all in all it was quite the trip! I really enjoyed the whole adventure, but I am really glad to be home!

I still made it to my training conference almost on time (1 hour late), and later that night I got to see my long-lost best firend Chelsea Greene!
Saturday morning I left to head back to St. George, but couldn't help stopping at the Salt Lake Temple as I drove out of town. I used to live 4 blocks away from this temple and I absolutely love it:
So we finally got home last night around midnight and all in all it was quite the trip! I really enjoyed the whole adventure, but I am really glad to be home!
Here are some pretty pictures of the clouds visible from Grandma's balcony:

6 comments:
I am happy that you travel safely. How nice of James to drive up and get you! What a sweetheart!
Such crazy snow--I'm so glad you were safe in all that!
I'm so jealous of Chelsea's ridciulous tan. So not fair!
The temple pictures are pretty:) and the clouds are awesome.
Such a nice husband indeed. Good job James!
crazy trip! good for you for sticking it out. Props to James for sure!
Wow, now I understand what you were talking about. That sounds like it was quite the adventure! Glad you made it safely home!
Christy, this is Betsy, cute blog and so fun to see the UT scenery:)take care!
Fun!!! Love the pictures. How do I make my blog cute????
Post a Comment