Wednesday, September 24, 2008

San Diego SUPER CHARGERS!

First of all, a little history about my experience with football:

Once upon a time, I was cheerleader (in high school). The only thing I understood about football was that touchdowns were good. After high school, I forgot about football until I married James. The first year we were married I would get so bothered that James "had" to watch the game every week. I mean, really, he was supposed to be paying attention to me ALL of the time, right? Well, I learned quickly that James was not going to stop watching football, so the second football season into our marriage I sat down and learned to like it. Now, I LOVE it. I am still learning, and the more I learn about it, the more I like it. But mostly, I love spending time with my hubby. He's always teaching me more about the game, and every great play is a reason to celebrate. Basically, I love James, and that is why I love football.

Anyway, I bought tickets to the Monday night game a while ago for Father's day (I know, I'm the best). Needless to say, it was awesome.


We're so excited!



Don't you just love the home-made jersey James is wearing? Yep, I made it.


Dennis Quaid!


We got to the stadium about an hour and a half before the game started. It was pretty cool to watch the players warm up. Chris Chambers walked by right below us and threw his gloves to some kids in the stands, who were of course pretty stoked about it.






Good friends, good game. What more could you ask for?


Check out the view behind us. The Stadium was packed!



Notice the Jets fan behind us. We sat on the Jets side, so there were of course a few of them. There was one Jets fan that I found particularly amusing, though. He would be super loud and in-your-face when the Jets had the ball, and then sit down and sulk when we had it.


James "hanging out on the field"

5 comments:

Robin Baker - The Blessed Hippie said...

next time you better invite your favorite sister in law - no not Brooke, me silly! So jealous =)

*katie said...

{grr...I tried to leave a comment already...}

Anyway--so FUN!! I love James "jersey" and you look super cute in yours:) I'm hoping I really do get to go to the Thursday game in december...it would be so fun!! :)

p.s. you really ARE crafty, you just don't know it. I mean look at that jersey you made!

brooke said...

Stephen was so jealous you guys were at that game. We watched (when I saw we, of course I mean HE) the game from the confines of our living room. I crafted, he watched. At least we breathed the same air and bonded in that way! =)
PS- Yo soy tu favorita, no?

HammondFam said...

How cute. Gosh, you guys had great seats...LUCKY!! Our seats were good, but not that good! :) Some guy in front of us had a jersey on, and he left the price tag on...it was $100 bucks -- that is crazy! We were in a Charger section, and there were some CRAZY CHARGER fans there! It was very entertaining!! Too bad we didn't get to sit together. Tyler joked about trading James for one of us girls, because Bethany and I kept talking about girly stuff...LOL!

Erin Hoy said...

I just realized that I never left a comment here! I'M SO SORRY! Anyway - That might have been the best night of my life! So glad that we all got to go together!!!

 
Copyright 2009 LaLa Land