Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering


There really are no words to describe how I felt that day. Except maybe insecure. That feeling of "what will happen next?" I remember playing the messages on the answering machine and hearing my brother Jay's voice. He was calling to check in, to connect with us on such a horrible day, he couldn't help but cry. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. I was numb. Every time I turned on the tv it was worse. Another building collapsed, the death toll higher. We lived in America, things like this weren't supposed to happen, but it did. I went to the park and climbed a tree and then just sat, for a long time. The sky was clear in California that day, not much different than today. It stung to think of New York with it's smoke and dust filled skies. Let's all remember today, remember what our country has been through and is still going through. Remember those who died, and remember those who lost loved ones. Remember our soldiers, who have fought and who have died. Remember the soldiers who are still there. Remember our blessings, our family and friends and our homes and safety. Whatever you do today, whether you're at work or home or school or play, remember. At the very least, remember.

2 comments:

*katie said...

Very touching words Christy, thanks for sharing. I was on the freeway today when I saw a firetruck with an American flag waving proudly and I couldn't help but get tears in my eyes and all choked up as I thought about 8 years ago...

Robin Baker - The Blessed Hippie said...

very well written

 
Copyright 2009 LaLa Land