Friday, July 31, 2009

Ranting and raving



Okay, so the last post was long, I know. I actually didn't mean to do that, you know, go on and on. Actually, the whole post came about as a result of my biggest pet-peave as far as restaurant goers go. And I'm gonna go ahead and re-iterate it because it happened again today (as it always does). So here's the thing:

Why in the heck would you order a diet coke and a water if you aren't going to even touch the water?!?!?! I'm not kidding you, EVERY time someone orders a beverage + a water, they don't even take a freakin' sip of the H2O. And generally, they are the people who need a dozen refills on their beverage. ANNOYING!!!!

You may wonder why I am so annoyed at this. Here's the thing: at Sammy's, we don't have bussers. Meaning I have to bus my own tables. No biggy. But, when I have multiple tables to clear and I'm in a hurry (as I am 99% of the time, seeing as how most people prefer quick service to slow service) it makes a difference. When there are a million glasses to clear, a full glass is heavier than an empty one. Plus, by that point all the ice in the glass has melted which for some reason makes the water move around more and therefore spill more easily. I can also stack empty glasses, giving my tray more room for all the other crap people leave behind. Oh, and let's not forget that we're in a drought right now people!

Honestly, these people make me not want to get them refills just so they will have to drink the water (although I don't do that, seeing as how I prefer good tips to bad ones).

If you are guilty of this crime, will you please do me this one favor? Before you leave the table, if your glass of water happens to be full just take a sip or two, or heck, down the whole thing. Just don't leave the glass untouched. Thanks much:)

3 comments:

*katie said...

Rant away!! I don't understand people who do that. I can promise you that Alan and I are most certainly NOT like that. We do get refills on our water, but are always sure to drink them up!

Robin Baker - The Blessed Hippie said...

I think I always drink the whole water, if not at least half...even with another drink. But now, I will be absolutely sure to down it, besides - it's good for you =)

Sarah said...

Tee hee hee! I loved this rant! :) We are NOT guilty of leaving the water full on the table. Bryan is such a camel when we go out to eat, which these days is really not very often anyway. Maybe the water drinkers end up going to other restaurants? Naah, I'm sure they are everywhere. Why else is the US so obese? :)

 
Copyright 2009 LaLa Land